11 November 2014

Kamusta Pamilya,

This past week went pretty fast and was filled with events. It is the beginning of another transfer and as crazy as it sounds it is my last transfer as a missionary here in the Philippines! I am still in Oton and it turns out that I am training again. My new companion´s name is Sister Pelonia and she is from Northern Semar. She speaks a different dialect called Waray-waray and knows a little bit of English, but she is so humble. It is sometimes funny when she is speaking and I see two filipinas talking to each other but I am the one who has to do the translating. Anyways I love her so much and I am so excited to be with her. She keeps me focused on the work and is helping my language skills improve. I love training her and I know that she will be a great missionary.
We found a new investigator, her name is Lisel Tauro. She is amazing and our first lesson with her was the Plan of Salvation. She seemed really interested in what we had to say and had many questions. I love teaching lessons when the investigators ask questions because it gets you thinking and you know that they are involved. She had some deep questions but I was able to give her very simple and clear answers that kept us focused on the importance of our message and purpose. She is very involved in her catholic church but she seemed to like us a lot and really wants us to come back again. We also started teaching another girl named Bibi Detaro and she is a cousin to one of our recent converts. She is very interested but doesn’t want to get baptized until after she gives birth which will be within the next few weeks. The Tongkua family is doing ok, we haven’t been able to teach the father for a while and they have been kinda shy and then busy to come to church but the mother told me on Sunday that she promises that they will go to church this coming Sunday. We also found another family while tracting the other day, the Malinao family. We just “tag-balay”ed and the father let us in. We mentioned how we wanted to share a message about Christ and then he immediately gathered his entire family, his wife and three kids, to listen to the message. The father told us that this coming Sunday they will try to come to church, and this was before we asked him to. It was pretty cool. So we are starting to have some pretty good investigators but for the past few weeks we haven’t had any at church so hopefully these investigators will start progressing by coming to church and preparing more fully for baptism.
I am e’mailing late because yesterday I had to be in Manila. All the missionaries that are going home in December that are foreigners had to fly to Manila to take care of some fingerprinting and other visa requirements. It was a very long day but it was fun. We started by waking up at 3 to go to the airport. We waited there for 2 hours then had a 1 hour airplane ride to Manila. We then met a guy that took us to the immigration place to fill out papers and take pictures and do some fingerprinting. To get everyone done took 3 hours. Since our flight wasn’t until the evening we were able to go to the Mall of Asia (MOA)! The MOA is the largest mall in Asia and it was sooooooo nice. This mall had everything and it was just so crazy to be inside and walking around it. Inside there is an ice skating rink, bowling, blowup jumping things, tons of shops that are in America such as Forever21, and a bunch of other really nice stores, they also had a Subway, a Wendy’s and other American restaurants. In short it was very large and so crazy to see all that kind of stuff again since I’ve been away from it for so long. Since we only had a short time there I ended up getting a subway sandwich and then got a krispe kreme doughnut and then went to coldstone and got some icecream!!!! I just realized that it doesn’t sound like much to you but I haven’t had any of these things in such a long time… it was so crazy to see and to taste it again!!! It was cool because when they gave us the ice cream they would throw the bowl to you and you have to catch it. After going to the mall it was time for us to go back to the airport. We waited there for four hours before our flight and then arrived back here at night time. It was a very long process with a lot of sitting and waiting but it was also pretty fun and an eye opener to what America is going to feel like! It is so weird. It was weird to be on a plane and know that the next time I get on one, which will be very soon, will be to go home.
I love you all and miss you so much. I think that you are just the best family everrr! Thank you for everything
Sister Jensen

About rachelejensen

Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: